As CBD is a plant-based substance, it falls into the category of being vegan; and we know that there are many CBD users out there who want to make sure that the foods they’re eating are vegan as well. We live in an age of many vegan alternatives, making finding vegan recipes pretty simple. We want to be able to have all the decadent desserts and drinks that our friends are enjoying, especially around the holidays - perhaps even with a hint of CBD.
CBD Benefits in Food
If you don’t like the taste of CBD oil, then try incorporating it into some of your favorite recipes!
Some of the recipes below are the old standards for CBD--brownies and gummies--and some of them are the most delicious treats you may have never tried before. So get into your kitchen, grab a little CBD oil, and whip up a batch of some of the yummiest delectables you’ve ever had--and all vegan.
Vegan CBD Brownies
There’s nothing quite like indulging in a warm brownie in the evening as you wind down from a long day of work. For these delicious CBD brownies, you’ll need:
- All-purpose flour -- 1 cup
- Granulated sugar -- 1 cup
- Brown sugar -- 1 cup
- Unsweetened Cocoa powder -- 1 cup
- Salt -- ½ tablespoons
- Baking powder -- 1 teaspoon
- Water -- ½ cup
- Vegan butter, melted -- ½ cup
- Ground flax - 4 tablespoons
- Naternal 1200mg CBD oil -- 3 droppers (3 mL)
- Vanilla extract -- 1 tablespoon
- Cocoa nibs -- 6 tablespoons
- Mini vegan chocolate chips -- 1 cup
- Mix all dry ingredients in a mixing bowl
- Mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and then whisk until smooth.
- Add the chocolate chips and continue to whisk.
- Pour batter into 9”x12” prepared baking pans.
- Top with cocoa nibs
- Bake for 12 minutes at 325F
- Allow your brownies time to cool, or eat them hot with a dollop of vegan whipped cream
- Makes 12 brownies with each brownie having 10mg of CBD
- For extra fun add in some nuts or try out making your very own vegan caramel drizzle!
Vegan CBD Gummies
Oh no! You forgot to reorder Naternal’s Vegan Ease CBD Gummies! While you’re waiting on your reorder, try to make some of your own. Plus, making your own means you can fully customize the dose, flavor and shape!
- Agar-agar powder -- 2 teaspoons
- Full-spectrum Naternal CBD oil -- 150 mg
- Cold water -- ½ cup
- One cup of fresh juice (orange, pineapple, or passion fruit work great, but whatever you want your gummies to taste like!)
- Add fresh juice into the saucepan over a medium heat
- Mix agar-agar with cold water in a separate bowl and stir until it dissolves
- Add the water and agar-agar mixture into the saucepan and keep stirring
- Remove your saucepan from the heat and leave it to cool after the mixture is smooth and even
- Add the Naternal CBD oil once your mixture has finally cooled (you do not want your CBD oil to heat)
- Pour your mixture into your silicone molds (you can get all shapes and sizes at a baking store) and then put it in a refrigerator
- After they set, remove the gummies from the mold
- Toss gummies in the fine powdered sugar to ensure they don’t stick to one another
- Makes 10-15 gummies (depending on the size of your mold) for an avg. of 8-10mg of CBD per gummy
Vegan CBD Peanut Butter Cups
There’s nothing that hits the sweet tooth like a peanut butter cup, the combination of sweet and salty. You can make your very own CBD-infused vegan peanut butter cups with hardly any work at all. You can also mix this recipe up with almond butter or cashew butter if you want a unique treat.
- Natural Peanut Butter -- ½ cup
- Powdered Sugar -- ¼ cup
- Vanilla extract -- ½ teaspoon
- Salt -- ¼ teaspoon
- Vegan Chocolate Chips, melted --1 ¼ cup
- Naternal 1200mg CBD Oil -- 2 mL (2 full droppers)
- Whisk peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt and CBD oil together in a bowl, until smooth
- Put cupcake liners into a silicone or metal cupcake tin pan
- Fill the bottom of the cups with melted chocolate and then add the desired amount of peanut butter mixture. Top with more chocolate.
- Put the pans in the freezer for 30 minutes or until the chocolate solidifies
- Makes 10-12 peanut butter cups for an average of 6-8mg of CBD per cup.
- Store peanut butter cups in a fridge or freezer - or just eat them all at once!
Vegan CBD-Infused Butter
Going vegan doesn’t mean you have to go without butter. Here’s an easy way to turn that vegan butter you get at the store into CBD-infused butter, which can be used on toast, muffins, in cooking, or anywhere else you’d use butter!
- Vegan Butter - 1 Cups
- Naternal 2400mg CBD oil - 2mL
- Melt down butter in a saucepan over low heat
- Once cooled (but still in liquid form), add in Naternal CBD oil and mix well
- Pour CBD butter into mold and place in refrigerator to solidify
- Makes 2 sticks of butter, with 10mg of CBD per tablespoon of butter
- Use as desired!
Vegan CBD Hazelnut Balls
For a delectable treat that would be welcome at any party (or as a late-night snack) these vegan CBD hazelnut balls are a unique dessert that adds new flavors and textures to typical CBD candies.
- Fresh Dates, pitted -- 1 cup (about 10)
- Hazelnuts -- ½ cup
- Cacao powder -- 1½ tablespoons
- Maple Syrup -- 2 tablespoons
- Naternal 2400mg CBD oil -- 2 mL
- Finely chopped hazelnuts -- ¼ cup (set aside)
- Add dates, ½ cup hazelnuts, cacao powder, maple syrup and Naternal CBD oil to a food processor and pulse for 90 seconds or until mixture forms into a doughy consistency .
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls - making approximately 20 balls with 8mg of CBD per ball.
- Roll each ball through the set aside finely chopped hazelnuts until evenly coated.
Vegan CBD Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Bites
Nothing screams holiday dessert like cheesecake, and these easy cheesecake bites are a dream to make and eat immediately, or make ahead for your next party.
- Almond flour -- ½ cup
- Cacao powder -- 4 tablespoons
- Maple syrup -- ½ teaspoon
- Baking powder -- 1 teaspoon
- Flax -- 1 tablespoon
- Water -- 3 tablespoons
- Coconut oil -- 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla cream Stevia -- 5 drops
Cream Cheese filling:
- Almond butter -- ½ cup
- Vegan cream cheese -- 1 cup
- Stevia -- ¼ teaspoon
- Vanilla bean powder -- 1 pinch
- Naternal CBD oil -- 2 droppers (2mL) of the 80mg oil (Full Spectrum 2400mg) for about 10mg per bite and 4 droppers (4mL) for about 20mg per bite.
To make the cookie:
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Place the almond flour, cacao powder, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl and combine well.
- Combine the flax with the water and mix in a bowl. Add the coconut oil to the mixture.
- Add this mixture to the dry ingredients and combine into a dough.
- Scoop out small balls of dough and squish into cookies on parchment paper. (These will be crumbled later, so they don’t need to be perfect.)
- Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until crispy.
- Let the cookie cool down to room temperature.
- Crumble your cookies.
To make the cheesecake mixture:
- Place all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix until fully whipped and fluffy.
- Fold in half of the crumbled cookies.
- With a small spoon, scoop up a ball of the mixture, then drop it into the crumbled cookies and roll until it’s covered.
- Chill until time to serve.
- This recipe yields about 14 cheesecake bites
Vegan CBD Chocolate Mousse
Don’t think that because you’re going vegan that you have to miss out on chocolate mousse. Not only can you have a smooth and mouth watering mousse, but you can have it infused with CBD oil, making it even better for an evening snack.
- Hass avocados (peeled and seeded) -- 2
- Unsweetened Dutch Cocoa powder -- ⅔ cup
- Vegan Chocolate Chips - ½ cup (measured and then melted)
- Maple syrup -- ½ cup
- Coconut Cream -- ¼ cup
- Vanilla Extract -- 1 teaspoon
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Naternal CBD Oil drops as desired
- Add all ingredients, except for the avocado, into a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add in peeled avocados and Naternal CBD oil and mix until blended fully.
- Divide mousse into individual serving dishes and refrigerate.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Vegan CBD Eggnog
The holidays wouldn’t be the holidays without eggnog, and there’s no reason that a vegan can’t enjoy this rich festive beverage--and take some stress out of their day with a little anxiety-relieving CBD oil.
- Hazelnut milk (or your preferred dairy-free milk) -- 3 cups
- Full-fat coconut milk -- 1 14oz can
- Maple syrup -- 4-6 tablespoons
- Raw chia seeds -- 2 teaspoons
- Naternal CBD oil -- 1 dropper full of your favorite product
- Vanilla extract -- 1 teaspoon
- Dash of cinnamon
- Dash of nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Put all ingredients in a blender and blender until smooth and creamy (about 15-20 second) to allow the chia seeds to fully break down.
Vegan CBD Iced Coffee
There’s nothing better than a nice CBD-infused iced coffee to get your day moving. Adding CBD to your favorite coffee blend is simple and quick.
- One pitcher of coffee prepared to your liking (hemp milk or cream, sugar or agave nectar, cardamom, cinnamon, etc.)
- Naternal CBD oil as desired
- Mocha, Caramel, Chocolate Mint or Cappuccino flavorings.
- Allow the coffee to cool.
- Add the desired amount of Naternal CBD oil to the pitcher of coffee and stir well.
- Pour about half of the coffee mixture into ice cube trays and freeze. Chill the remainder of the coffee in the refrigerator.
- When you are ready to enjoy, place a few of the Naternal CBD coffee ice cubes in your glass and pour the chilled coffee over it.